Models for GPS
Combining the latest in modeling software and DirtLogic’s specialized, proprietary software, we convert a two-dimensional, construction plan to a three-dimensional, electronic model. During this process, our skilled technicians provide a complete turn- key solution by incorporating any plan revisions, verifying surveyor coordinates and facilitating communication between all parties.
Using your GPS system, you can then download DirtLogic’s complete GPS modeling package to determine high/low points, stationing, locations of utilities, edge of pavement, erosion control, and other features within fractions of an inch. DirtLogic’s GPS Models reduce the chances of having to move dirt more than once. They also allow the work to be done solely by the machine operator without guidance from a second worker on the ground and create a stakeless/hubless site.
What You Get
Many GPS modeling services can produce Digital Terrain Models. However, it is what DirtLogic includes beyond the model that sets us apart.
• Digital Terrain Model (DTM) built from profile data
Includes every curb point, all high/low points and centerline alignments built using centerline profiles in addition to contours. DirtLogic’s DTM combination of contours and alignment data guarantees accuracy that a model built from contours alone will not. Also, our GPS modeling process can reveals miscalculations in the civil drawings providing the engineer an opportunity to correct them.
• Alignment and Profile Data
Allows you to find your exact location from centerline stationing. Never again will you have to guess which station you are offsetting from or how far you are from the centerline.
• Consistent, Clear Background Linework File
Includes utilities, edge of pavement, erosion control, and other features displayed in color-coded, easy-to-read layouts (see images below).
What Make Us Different
Many GPS services can produce Digital Terrain Models. However, it is what DirtLogic includes beyond the model that sets us apart:
• Our DTM includes every curb point, all high low points, and centerline alignments, built using centerline profile data not contours. In creating the centerline alignment our team often finds errors in the civil drawings therefore giving the engineer an opportunity to correct them before they become more problematic and expensive to fix.
• Our Standard Linework Format “Background Files” include utilities, pavement, curb and site/lot features in color coded, easy to read layouts. Used to having to decipher plans? By using DirtLogic’s services we translate your plans into an easyto-understand format.
• With every job we also provide an alignment file that allows you to find your exact location from centerline stationing. Most of our clients have said that without this they typically guessed where they were offsetting from.
Benefit of using DirtLogic
• Easy, “turn-key” solution. DirtLogic handles all communication with civil engineers and researches problem areas for you.
• Efficient. We save you time with no go-betweens – there is nothing between you sending the plans and digging dirt.
• Hands-off. You don’t have to deal with complicated, confusing CAD files – we do all CAD manipulation.
• Quick. Our average turn-around is 3 days (industry standard is 2-3 weeks)
• Clear. Minimize communication barriers within your team: we provide finished-ground visualization so that you know exactly what your site is going to look like
• Cost-effective. We provide an accurate cut-fill map to help you manage workflow and movement of material on site.
• Smart. Save time and money by not having to train internal staff on the complexities of GPS modeling